Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Have vasculitis. Allergic to prednisone. Is there any alternate treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 345 Questions
Hi my skin biospy came back with vasilitis is no rash just itching and burning the nurse didn't know all the details so I have to wait till next week for doctor appt. the problem is that I am allergic to prednisone are there another treatments for this disorder to help me?
Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 3 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

I will be glad to be of assistance.

I can understand your concern.

The treatment for vasculitis is colchicine , dapsone, corticosteroids and immunosuppressive agents like methotrexate, cyclophosphamide or azathioprine.

Hence if you are allergic to prednisone, your dermatologist can start treatment with the other medications.

These medications have to be taken under your doctor's supervision and they have to be monitored.

These medications will help in the treatment of vasculitis.

Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor