Owl Image

Have vaginal itching and red inner thigh. Used vasigil product. Proper and effective cure

Question
I had used a Vasigil product which I thought maybe I had a slight yeast infection, and I am itching at the surface of my Vagina. I worked 16 hrs and when I was taking a shower, my inner thighs are red where the panty lines are. I have been observing myself for sores, blisters etc and don't see anything like that.
Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 29 minutes later
The itching can be due to an yeast infection and this can be ruled out only be performing a detailed examination.
This typically presents with the symptoms that you have described. This can be treated with antifungal agents like miconazole. You can use a vaginal pessary like Gyno Daktarin once a day for 2 weeks. Please follow the instructions on the package carefully.
It is also important to keep your private parts scrupulously clean. Trimming your pubic hair, not using any soap to wash your vagina and keeping the area clean and dry will help.
The redness on the inner thighs is likely to be due to wetness in the area due to long working hours. This can be taken care of by applying a steroid based antiseptic ointment available over the counter.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.