Have uveitis. Is steroids the right treatment?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: My mother is having Uveitis problem with her eyes. Doctors are saying that using Steroids is the treatment for this disease, Please advice what needs to be done in this case
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 45 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for sending your query to us.Your mother has uveitis.The treatment in such cases is steroid drops which are to be used for a while.Since these drops have very low body exposure so there is no problem of complications for the body.
Local complications in the eye in the form of catarect are to be watched and Iop is to be monitored.
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 16 minutes later
Thanks for the answer. She has already used steroid drops. Recently she has undergone OCT test again and the reports say that swelling has increased when compared to previous reports. Please let us know if there are is any effective medication that she needs to take.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 5 hours later
Dear AAAAA,
Thanks for getting back to us.
in such cases we use oral steroids ,approximately 40 mg. per day .Do your doctors mean oral steroids?That would be a proper approach ,since local drops have not yielded the desired result.
Any further query please do get back to us