Have uti caused by klebsiella pneumonia. Allergic to penicillin. Suggest some medication

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have a uti caused by klebsiella pneumonia. The sensitivity test showed the highest number of 32 next to nitrofurantoin. The next highest number was 4 for ampicillin. What is the drug of choice an I am allergic to all penicillin drugs
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Ideally you should have sent the entire sensitivity report but going by the information provided by you,NITROFURANTOIN is the ideal choice as it is very good urinary antibiotic.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks