Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Have uterine fibroids, itching on front of calves and eczema on hands. Having low blood pressure and blood sugar. Suggest

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4852 Questions
At 19 I had my first ct scan to check for kidney stones. Since the age of 19 I have had issues with ovarian cysts and kidneys. I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks when I was 21. 2 months later got pregnant and was put on "prometrium" hormone therapy till 15 weeks. Keytones and protein present in every urine sample during pregnancy. At 32 weeks after a big stresser I developed high blood pressure and was medicated for it. Delivered a 8lb 3 oz full term baby via induction. 10 weeks postpardom full blockage of right kidney with stone 7mm x 5mm. Ct showed 2 stones 4mm x 4mm in addition to stone blocking kidney. Lasor blasted, stent in urethra, 4 days in hospital with kidney spasms. At 24 3rd pregnancy, again prometrium until 15 weeks. No issues, delivered 8lbs 5oz baby medication free. Stage 2 tear. Baby born in sept 2012 and for the last year + I have had flank/pelvic pains. Several kidney infections. Cysts mid cycle. A big change in my menstrul cycle which has always been consistent since I was 12. Getting it earlier and earlier every month up to 7-10 days with period lasting 7-10 days as well (previously 4-5) Recent severe kidney infection showing blood in the urine, dry stringy clots, extreme discomfort, fever and chills (never experienced any of these symptoms prior) was poorly treated with too low dose antibiotic causing pneumonia and anemia (whites of eyes noticable blue). Doctors finally agreed to test me for factor v laiden (brother and dad positive) showed I too have the disorder. My doctor knows my history very well but is not doing anything for me. The last 3 months I have been in pain daily and my quality of life is suffering. I need to know who do I go see? I want an obgyn as this could be cysts putting pressure on the kidneys, kidney stone related, or possible pre cancerous or cancer symptoms. I am not ready to close the door on pregnancy as I turned 26 yesterday and my body tolerates pregnancy very well! I need to figure out what's causing my pains and reoccuring kidney infections before my kidney(s) are further damaged. Please help me. I just need to know what kind of doctor I should be seeing because I'm afraid my body is being damaged the longer I go untreated. I'm on a 3 month regiment to treat the last kidney infection, baby asperine and some supplements but I know my body and it's not helping. Something is not right! I'm constantly drinking water cause I'm always thirsty and I void like a pregnant woman. I get extreme kidney pains at times from what the doctor suspects is back draining from my bladder into kidney. I have very strong kiegal muscles and no bladder leakage issues. Extending an arm from standing or twisting from a sitting position with an outstretched arm causes me kidney pains. My pains are not constant they come and go and alternate between sides. The last time I had intercourse the small of my back hurt very bad and I had to void, when voiding I strained and strained and couldn't feel myself peeing and took almost 5 minutes to empty my bladder. So I said no more sex until my issue is figured out. My left kidney hurt for 4 days after. But no uti as I'm on meds for a uti for 3 months. I understand this is a lot of information but my current doctor knows my issues but does nothing. New doctors don't have time to listen to my history. I don't know where to turn for diagnosis :( my kidney pains have rarely presented in my back and makes diagnosis difficult. My most recent symptom is my cervix has totally changed shape. It went from smooth round to feeling like 2 separate pieces pushed together and the sensitivity is different. Please help me. I have all the signs for cervical cancer other than the ones that don't apply to my age I also have uterine fibroids, extreme itching on the front of my calves and eczema on my hands. The eczema I only get in the winter and guessing it is related to the factor v laiden as my hands, feet and nose often tingle meaning poor blood flow as my doctor told me. I get very light headed and almost pass out a few times a day upon standing sometimes nauseated with the black out. Never actually passed out. I always have a high pulse and low blood pressure and blood sugar. My dad died almost a year ago at 54 of pancreatic cancer. He was diabetic and had the clotting disorder.
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, I read all you medical history and feel sorry to hear you are having such medical issues being such young. Let me go step by step to your problems. - You are saying having factor V Leiden disease. The majority of cases do not show any symptom until major events from clotting occur such as in lungs, heart, brain ,etc. As long as you have not have any of these events, if I were your curing doctor would consider an asymptomatic patient with factor V Leiden. It is good that you are taking baby aspirin to prevent such events. I'd also suggest that if you have any pain in the chest or difficulty breathing, should run to ER for further evaluation. Please do not forget telling ER about your genetic disease. - Itching and eczema in hands you get only in winter could be considered as your hand's skin is sensitive to cold. Keeping moisturized can help. Also, can check for possible fungal infection of the skin (as you are saying you have been using long time antibiotics which can precipitate fungal infection). - You are saying to have uterine fibroids, but you have already given birth to 3 babies. That's good, meaning that fibroids has not caused any problem for your pregnancy. However, I'd suggest to consult a Gynecologist to do tranvaginal echo and PAP test of the cervix to rule out any possibility for abnormal changes. - Your main concern is aching. Possible explanation could be kidney infection. Another could be of factor V Leiden. Perhaps, you are having micro-thrombi. Therefore, I'd suggest to consult a hematologist because you have a blood hereditary disease. He/she might ask to run some blood work and perhaps a MRI to rule out the micro-thrombi. So, at the end, you should keep in contact with - hematologist (for factor V Leiden) - gynecologist (for genital problems) - nephrologist (for kidney infections and stones) - dermatologist (for eczema) Hope it answered to your inquiries! If you have more questions, feel free to ask me again at the next follow up. Dr.Alba
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have uterine fibroids, itching on front of calves and eczema on hands. Having low blood pressure and blood sugar. Suggest 40 minutes later
I miscarried my first pregnancy. Thats why the prometrium for the first 15 weeks of my next 2. I have been asking for years to be tested for the clotting disorder but no doctors thought it was necessary until thanksgiving when i ended up in emergency with severe infection in my chest cavity. Is it possible that i have blood clots in my kidney(s) because something has changed in the last 3-4 months with my kidneys. Ive been told by the guy that did the ct scans i shouldnt have any more as ive had 3 and its a very sensitive area to get such high radiation. I had an ultrasound on my urinary tract thirsday before last still waiting on results. My eczema is enviromental but even with medicated creams my hands just wont absorb moisture in saskatchewans winter. Im positive im pre diabetic but tests say otherwise. I get really low blood sugars. Was admitted to the hospital with 1.4 blood sugar when i was 19 and since than my kidneys have given me grief. I have keratosis on my bicepts and legs. I have many symptoms of diabeties and family history but diabetes is the only condition that covers all my symptoms. Im not in poor health in my opinion. I just have issues that need to be addressed. I have the worst bags under my eyes since as far back as i could remember and ghostly white skin. Ihave always bruised really easy and had blood clots from bruises. I currently have a blood clot on the side of my hip/pelvis thats been there since XXXXXXX and is over an inch in length. I appreciate all your suggestions but my doctor has to refer me and he would even refer me to an obgyn after mine retired. So i dont even have an obgyn right now! I thing the obgyn could give me the best diagnosis cause their area of study is directly related to the urinary tract.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear again, Thank you for writing back. Although genetically, you might have the clotting problem, however, it is not said that you should have the symptoms as mentioned earlier. It is true that Ct-Scan is advised once yearly; and under strict medical request more than twice as your body has got enough radiation. However, I suggest to do follow ups with ultrasound (no harming radiation), urine analysis and check the kidney function through blood azotemia and creatinemia. To be sure you have diabetes, I'd suggest to measure your blood sugar at home: fasting, 2 hours after eating, record the results and pass them to your doctor (or even to me too); and measure HbA1C level (in a lab). Having hypoglycemia is not a sign of diabetes, but, it might be a sign of reactive hypoglycemia. You can test insulin levels in the blood to exclude it. I have seen your picture and noticed the "bags" under your eyes; they might reflect that your kidneys are suffering. But, you are taking the right treatment and need time to get improvement. I wish you all the best and fast recovery! Dr.Alba p.s Feel free to ask me again at the next follow up if you still have more questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have uterine fibroids, itching on front of calves and eczema on hands. Having low blood pressure and blood sugar. Suggest 2 hours later
I just got a call from the hospital for a ct and the balloon catheter x ray test for this friday! Went to talk to my family doctor cause i have an ecoli infevtion and their going to test if my bladder back drains into my kidney?!? I need an obgyn and the doctor wont give me the referral without an appointment and i cant get into him until after the ct is done. What do i do?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer... Detailed Answer: Hi, Please relax first. You are saying to have E.coli infection which is very difficult to eradicate. That's why, it takes time for you to recover from kidney infection. It is good that you are going to have the balloon catheter x-ray test this Friday. I recommend to first go and see what is going on with your urinary tract (kidney, ureters, bladder). After this test, you can schedule an appointment with your O-G specialist to check your genital organs. For such short time, nothing bad or serious would happen to your genitalia. Meanwhile, get relaxed, try to sleep and rest more, and follow the directions given to you accordingly. All the best! Dr.Alba you can ask me back if you have more questions or if you want to share the scan results.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor