Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have urge to urinate. Feeling pain and burning sensation while urinating. Any suggestion?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
I am feeling burning while urinating. severe pain while urinating, an urge to urinate with unsuccessful results

Pls suggest
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 18 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, your symptoms indicate towards possibility of urine examination. It will provide us clue to the diagnosis.

If, urine examination indicates chance of infection, you have to take a broad spectrum antibiotic like ciprofloxacin. If you experience any pain in the lower abdomen, you have to take dicyclomine group of drug. A pantoprazole and an ondansetron group of drug should also be considered. For a detailed prescription consult with a general physician in person.

Apart from the drugs, you have to take lots of water.

If you are sexually active, your partner has to use barrier contraceptive like condom till you recover from the urinary tract infection.

Lastly, do the urine examination as early as possible.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have urge to urinate. Feeling pain and burning sensation while urinating. Any suggestion? 23 hours later
Thanks a lot doctor!!

Do i need to take any other medicine apart from ciprofloxacin.. Kindly recomend the dosage of it.. and when to take.

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 13 hours later

Thank you for writing back.

Look, right now, antibiotic like ciprofloxacin is needed. You can take antispasmodic agents like dicyclomine to reduce the colicky pain if present. A Pantoprazole group of drug should be taken. Alkalizing agent may also be needed.

For a detailed prescription, you have to consult with your family physician or a general physician.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor