Have unprotected oral and vaginal sex. What are the risks of HIV?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Question: I have sex with a girl and two more guy.I know it is a little bit stupid.After these two guy had unprotected vigina and give the girl unprotected oral sex.I gave that girl oral sex right away after their vigina sex.Do I have a lot of hiv risk?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

You do have risk of acquiring HIV with these kind of activity.It depends on number of factors.

I would like to know-
Do you ejaculated in the girl or not?
Did any guy ejaculted in you?
In sex with guys ,you were active or passive partner?
Do any of you had oral or genital ulcers or sore?

Answer the questions to help you better.

You have a small but definite risk of HIV with this kind of sexual activity.

Hope this helps.

DrSudarshan
STD and AIDS specialist.

Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 9 hours later
I just give oral sex to the girl after they have unprotected vagina sex but when I have vagina sex I use condom.The things that I worry is give oral sex right after their unprotected vagina sex.
The thing I know is give the girl oral sex is very low risk.How bout give oral sex to the girl right after unprotected vagina sex with another guy right away.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 15 minutes later
Hi again,

Only giving oral sex is low risk activity but doing after vaginal sex by other men can be
moderately high risk activity.
It exposes you to direct secretions of other men .Mucosal contact can transfer HIV virus.It can occur especially if you have any oral ulcers or fresh wounds in oral cavity.

Better be careful and avoid such exposures in future.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 2 minutes later
How much for the chance for this case like 50 percent to get hiv?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 18 minutes later
Hi again,

Chance is still very low with <1% chance per act.
Better to take care than to regret.

DrSudarshan
Thank you .Sorry to ask too much stupid question.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 9 minutes later
Hi ,

If you are satisfied by the answer please accept it and rate it at the end.
If you need any advise in future you can directly ask for ASK DrSudarshan.

Regards.