Have ulcerative colitis and taking remicaid infusion therapy. Suggest alternatives to treat ulcerative colitis?
Dear Madam ,
Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX
Well looking into your query i will like to tell you that in my opinion Remicade definitely remains one of the best therapies because it acts on the molecular level and a biological therapy . But there are other effective options also .
Aminosalicylates are the main anti-inflammatory drugs like Mesalazine ,Olsalazine etc. which are very effective in ulcerative colitis . It is often necessary to use Corticosteroids like prednisone , cortisone in conjunction with 5-ASA drugs to bring about remission of ulcerative colitis .
Other drugs are immunosupressive agents like methotrexate , azathioprine etc .
All these are effective therapies . It depends on your treating physician to choose which therapy will be more effective as he is the best judge for your situation.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ulcerative colitis vs colitis
- Will uceris treat ulcerative colitis, active?
- Ulcerative colitis prostatitis
- Guava in ulcerative colitis
- Balsalazide to treat ulcerative colitis
- Ulcerative colitis versus colitis
- Suggest medication for ulcerative colitis
- Ulcerative colitis cerebral aneurysm
- Nicotine therapy ulcerative colitis
- Will decadron treat ulcerative colitis?
- Suggest foods and drinks which helps in healthy development of tooth?
- Started with fatigue and blurred vision. Have diarrhea and weak muscles....
- Undergoing replacement therapy for low IgG. Have pain in chest and foot....
- Child having frequent unconsciousness. Nil observation shown in EEG and...
- Took monistat and have swelling on uvula. Is it a side effect?
- Having pain, sweating hips and around waist line and legs. Buldging...
- Have ulcerative colitis and taking remicaid infusion therapy. Suggest...
- Having irregular periods. Done with pelvic ultrasound and blood test....
- Should I shave groin hair before going for colonoscopy?
- Having swelling in face, hands, feet and rashes all over body. Had bouts...