Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Have ulcer between scrotum and anus. Noticed blood and pus discharge. What could this be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5762 Questions
Hello! My husband is 33 y/o he has this ulcer in between his scrotum and anus. There are times that it bleeds sometimes it has pus.. There are also times that it starts to heal up but would not completely heal.. What could that be? He doesnt feel any pain on the ulcer but the very first time he had it, he felt terrible pain..
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

A picture of it would be very helpful.

Such ulcer can be peritoneal abscess, fistula between the rectum and the skin, hemorrhoid or just a skin infection.
Leakage of the pus indicates that this is most likely an abscess or fistula. In such case there is a pathological connection between the rectum and the skin, so the intestinal bacteria keep infecting the skin and result with hard to heal ulcer with pus discharge.
Hemorrhoid should be present as a lump getting out of the anus, when long enough it can get blood clotted and result with pus discharge as well.

I can give more exact information having a photo of it so if it is possible please provide one.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor