Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Have type 2 diabetes. Insecure balance, tingling in soles of feet and ankles, broad based gait. Diabetic neuropathy?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6182 Questions
I attached 2 images of a read out from a echocardiogram I had done 2 years ago I never knew they performed this while I was in the hospital and I seen where it said my aortic was dilated and 2 valves had trace regurgitation is this nothing to worry about or should I be referred to a cardiologist.
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 26 hours later
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I have reviewed both reports. These findings all by themselves will not make so much sense. You should have symptoms before these findings can become of any great concern. Even in clients with XXXXXXX regurgitation, unless there are symptoms or complications arising from this, they are generally not given any specific treatment. And because you are not reporting any symptoms, it very unlikely that this really represents a huge concern for now.

I will like to suggest that you may want to XXXXXXX a cardiologist just to do a follow up evaluation to see if these findings are still same, regressing or worsening. This is no emergency exam and you should do it at your pace This is more to offer an up to date assessment and relief you of any worries. You having no complaints is the best indicator of your good health status. There are lots of other people out there in the general population with similar findings that are no problems to them or their physicians.

I hope this addresses your query fully. However, please feel free to ask related follow up questions if need be. I wish you well.
Dr. Ditah, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor