Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Have tummy flap. Due to overlap of skin have a rash. How to heal it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions
I have a tummy flap. Due to overlap of skin I have a rash that is raw and won't heal. What can I get to heal this heat rash?
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 43 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

You might have developed an intertrigo.
It is a mixed bacterial and fungal infection developing mainly in folds due to excess moisture.

You can use clotrimazole powder twice daily.
This will help in controlling moisture as well as control the fungal infection.

If possible upload a photograph of the lesion.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor