Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have tiny hole above the anus that bleeds. What am I suffering from?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12758 Questions
My friend has a tiny hole above the anus and every day it bleeds a lot . What sickness you call it? Is it that it is a must to undergo operation?
Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
It seems that your friend s having a pilonidal sinus. It is an infected tract under the skin between the buttocks. Treatment commonly involves an operation. After the operation the area should be kept free of growing hair by regular shaving or other means of hair removal.
There are various operations which are done to cure this problem. The treating surgeon will be able to give the details and the pros and cons of each operation and will help in deciding the procedure best for him.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor