Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Have tiny colorless itchy bumps on forehead. Should I consult a dermatologist?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12672 Questions
I have tiny colorless bumps that I can feel on my forehead. They come and go. They are itchy, but not constantly so. I have had them for about one month. I am a medical transcriptionist for many years (I'm 60). I sit at a computer all day, often with furrowed brow, trying to understand what the doctors are saying! Is it stress, suddenly, after all these years of typing? I feel them at home, too, but generally when I touch my forehead, not because they itch. I am pretty healthy, take a little HCTZ for mild hypertension and I take a small amount of Synthroid for a thyroid cyst that has not changed in years and I have it checked annually by endocrinologist. I will appreciate your thoughts -- Should I see a dermatologist? Thank you very much, Therese
Posted Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The tiny colorless bumps on the forehead are suggestive of contact dermatitis caused by things your skin touches, such as: cosmetics, soaps, and detergents, dyes and other chemicals in clothing, rubber gloves, shampoos, etc.
Most of the times, avoidance of the irritants causes the rashes to heal spontaneously. Applying emollients or moisturizers help keep the skin moist, and also help skin repair itself. They protect the skin from becoming inflamed again. They are a key part of preventing and treating contact dermatitis. You can use aloe vera gel over the affected area for relief.
Corticosteroid skin creams or ointments may reduce itching and inflammation. You can use the one available over the counter for relief.
I advice you to follow this above mentioned measures still if it persists or if it spreads consult the dermatologist for examination and also to find out the cause.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor