Have tightening in neck, feeling uncomfortable. Will it be cured by sublingual nitroglycerin?
If your tightening around neck is getting immediate relief by taking a sublingual nitro then the most likely cause for your problem is myocardial ischemia.
I would advise you to consult a cardiologist and get the required investigations done.
Either a non invasive test like thallium stress test or an invasive procedure like coronary angiography can be done which can detect any blockage in the arteries.
Do write to me if there is Any additional query to be asked.
Best of luck
Thanks for your reply. The relief using nitro is not immediate, but within 2-3 minutes. I just had a clean standard treadmill, but you think that an angiogram is probably warranted? Are there other possible causes, other than cardiac (e.g., esophageal)?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sublingual nitroglycerin dose
- May sublingual nitroglycerin be used for tendonitis
- Nitroglycerin sublingual side effects
- Nitroglycerin sublingual dosage
- How to take nitroglycerin sublingual
- Sublingual nitroglycerin storage
- Nitroglycerin ointment
- Is flushing or redness of the skin, especially on the face and neck a side effect of nitroglycerin?
- Nitroglycerin sublingual 1 150
- Nitroglycerin hiccups