Have thyroid, high blood pressure and fisheries. Head started spinning. Proper diagnosis and cure

Dr. Ashish Mittal

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: My mother geting Heavy head spin. she has thyroid, high Blood pressure and fisheries. currently continueing thyroid, Blood pressure and prothidian. but head spinning is continueing
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 3 hours later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     61 year old female
•     Known case of hypertension and thyroid hormone problem
•     Currently on Prothiaden
•     Complaints of: Vertigo.

Considering complexity of case, I would like to consider multiple possibilities in her case in following hierarchy:
•     Anxiety or depression: need to be rule out by detailed interview by psychiatrist. Thyroid hormone imbalance increases chances for anxiety. Prothiaden help in anxiety, but effect usually come in 3-4 weeks. Daily morning walk and meditation will help her.
•     Inner ear problem: get her examined from ENT specialist.
•     Vitamin deficiency: Get serum B12 level. Start multi vitamins as they are easily available. Include fruits and milk in diet.
•     Poorly controlled blood pressure: monitor her BP
•     Thyroid related problem: get thyroid hormonal assay done, to check its function.
•     Neurological problem: If suspected, she may require imaging study like MRI brain.

Till the final diagnosis is made symptomatic treatment can be continued in her case. Medicines like vertin help in vertigo, which can be given after physician prescription.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Dr Ashish XXXXXXX Mittal