Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Have thrombosed hemorrhoid. Do I need to get it looked at?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 319 Questions
I am 99% sure I have a thrombosed hemorrhoid which I just noticed today. I am getting mixed information on the web about whether it will go away on its own. I don't have medical insurance so i am wondering if I need to get it looked at/lanced.

Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 33 minutes later

If it is an external thrombosed hemorrhoid and it is not painful than nothing needs to be done. Local nifidipine cream can be used if there are mild symptoms. However since the diagnosis you have made is self made and not confirmed physically by a doctor you need to contact your local GP who can do a perform a per rectal examination and confirm the diagnosis. He can even prescribe you the cream i just mentioned. If it becomes very painful then you need to see a surgeon who can excise it under local anesthesia.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help

Dr. Om Lakhani

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor