Have thin hair. How to increase the hair growth and density?

Dr. Pravin Banodkar

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi doctor,
My hairs are very thin, less and straight.How can i increase the dense and length of my hair?Currently i am using Pantene shampoo and Figaro Olive oil.Are they suitable??
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 10 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for the query posted . I would be pleased to answer your query .

You can increase the hair growth and density by application of Minoxidil 5 % lotion twice a day on the scalp area.
Avoid any external hair treatments and treat any underlying hormonal issues.
Increase your protein in diet and Hemoglobin levels if low .
You can also get a Dermaroller treatment done for the scalp area once a week for 3 months from your Dermatologist .
Continue with Figaro oil and Pantene shampoo as they are safe and suitable.
Avoid Hair Blow drying
thanks and take care
Follow up: Dr. Pravin Banodkar 39 minutes later
thanks for your advice.

is there any side effect of Minoxidil?
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 2 minutes later
Thanks for the query
There are no significant side effects of Minoxidil.
In some individuals it does cause a dryness of the scalp which can be managed with a mild shampoo and oiling the scalp once a week which you are already doing.
Thanks