Have tendons rupture in hand and scar tissue. Any complication?

Dr. Krishna Kumar

Spine Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: both tendons ruptured , middle finger of left hand - one tendon was reattached on October 26 but finger
is still not bending on its own. - have been doing therapy (passive) - there is still inflammation and scar tissue -
is there any hope that tendon will work in time
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 37 minutes later
Thank you for the question.
I understand your flexor tendons were ruptured and surgical repair done.Usually by 6 weeks active flexing of the fingers would be possible.
If your finger is still not working, it may be that the repair was either not successful or re-ruptured during the course of treatment.
So clinical examination of your hand would be needed and re-explorative surgery and repair or tendon grafting may be needed.
So I urge you to visit your surgeon ASAP
Dr Krishna XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Krishna Kumar 27 hours later
i noticed you are a spine surgeon - i was expecting a reply from a hand specialist
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 12 hours later
I also do hand surgery and general orthopaedics as well apart from spine surgery
thank you