Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have swollen scrotum, painful small lump. Diagnosed with abcess and varicocelle. Advised hyfen and linezoid

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
I have swollen scrotum since last 2 days.At the base of the scrotum inside, there is a small lump which is slightly painful if is not visible outside.if not touched there is no other symptoms.
Got an ultrasound done and it says there is an abcess at the base of scrotum.also there is varicocelle.
I went to 2 diff reputed docs who gave 2 diff opinions.
1st doc. opinion
the abcess needs to be aspirated or to be removed by surgery.he preferred aspiration.
2nd doc. opinion.
pus is hard so cannot be be treated by medication.he has advised hyfen cv 200,linezolid 600,xymoheal D.
both ascertain that cause may be infection.
please advise which dcos opinion should i follow.
also please tell me if i could pursue walking,running,mild excercises,
any precautions to be taken.

Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 33 minutes later
Welcome to the forum.
It is better to opine only by examining you.
Since that is not possible, i have to assess only from a remote place.
It is not wrong to aspirate and see if there is something in the liquid form is present, in which case it can be drained by a small incision and you get instant cure.
But, it can also be done after a course of antibiotics.
So take antibiotics for a few days and drain later if necessary.
You can be normal and perform exercises if you are comfortable.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor