Have swollen lymph nodes on neck and having pain under arm. What could be the problem?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: Swollen lymph nodes in the neck (right side) - received antibiotics and it healed within 3-4 days Then I started having pains under my arms...I can feel the lymph nodes but their not swollen their normal size from what I can see but it hurts... I tested negative on the RNA PCR test for HIV twice once at 9 days and the second at 17 days and negative on rapid HIV blood tests at the hospital. No one has been able to explain what's been going on with my body over the last few weeks about 3 weeks that I have been experiencing this. The Dr's doubt it's HIV or anything related to an STD due to the negative tests but nobody can figure out what's wrong I'm so confused.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Pain under arms,lymph nodes hurting,not swollen... Detailed Answer: Hi, The lumps you are having under your arms (armpit) could be a possible skin infection. It will need antibiotic (orally and for long time) to get healed. - You should keep good skin and general hygiene. - Try not to share your personal utensils (razors,soaps,underwear,clothes,etc.) - eat healthy,drink more water Hope it answered to your inquiries! if you have more questions, do not hesitate to write me back at the next follow up. Dr.Alba
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T