Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Have swollen lymph node on pelvis, rashes on back. Experiencing pain in back and hip. Any thoughts?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 961 Questions
Hi, I have a few lumps under my skin that have been there for years. They are swollen more than normal. no redness in the area. I'm experiencing pain to the touch, back pain and hip pain. I also have swollen lymph nodes on my pelvis. And a rash on my lower back. Some shooting pain in legs. Thoughts?
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 1 hour later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

New swelling, pain, rash, lymph node enlargement all indicate secondary infection.

Do you have any fever? Do you have any known illness?
Where exactly are the lumps? Are the lymph nodes in the groins?
Can you describe the lumps in details?
Exact location, size, consistence (soft or hard), fixity (movable or fixed to the surrounding structures), contour (smooth curved or irregular)?

It would greatly help if you could upload a photo of the affected area here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / scans to
YYYY@YYYY      with subject- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)

How is the rash? (description)

I would be more specific once I get these details.

If the leg pains get worse, limbs feel weak, it may herald a nerve affection and demands urgent attention.
I would suggest to get detailed physical examination in that case.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily.
I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor