Have swollen knee, congestion, achy body and feeling chills. What am I suffering from?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in General Health
Question: no fever, extreme chills, congestion, brown phlem, had swollen knee for months, entire body very very achy, cant walk or move without pain in back, legs, arms, hips. Yesterday thought it was just a cold, in last 2 hours worsened considerably
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 59 minutes later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
The combination is typical of viral illness With bacterial super-infection of the lung.
Tests needed are
1.     Complete blood count.
2.     Chest radiograph
to start with.
Treatment includes
1.     Antibiotics to prevent worsening of the chest infection.
2.     Steam inhalation.
3.     Anti-inflammatory agents and analgesics to take care of the pain.
4. Bed rest for atleast 3 days and this is the most important part.
To do all that, kindly attend a nearby hospital.
DR GS