Have swollen foreskin, red and itchy penis tip. What is the underlying cause?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: hello sir,
Sir, i am suffering from itching in the tip of the penis for last two days. the foreskin is swelled a little bit. the tip of the penis is red. it irritates more while putting on a underwear. early morning i saw white color fungus types inside my fore skin. i use to wash the penis with warm water everyday. there is no problem while urinating. i am still not exposed to any one till date. i am getting married on 13th oct 2013. my age is 32.
Sir please do advice.
thanking you
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Hello dear,
you might be suffering from candidal balanitis (yeast infection ). It usually spreads by sexual route, but that is not necessary. It can even happen on its own.
Here is my advice for you.
1. Use saline water to wash your glans atleast three times a day.
2. Apply oint candid b for 15 days.
Dont worry it is totally curable and will not spread to your to be wife.
Wishing you a happy married life ahead.
Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
Sir, thank you very much for your answer. at present i am using Quadriderm ointment. i will certainly switch over to candid b. please let me know the reason behind candidal balanitis occurrence. Actually why it takes place.
waiting for your response.

thanking you
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.
Candidal balanitis occurs due to following reasons.
1. Dibetic's.
Please get your blood glucose levels checked.
2. Immunity suppersrion due any illness in past.
3.Finally , use of strong antibiotics to cure any other disease may cause change in microbial flora, that is killing bacteria and allowing fungi to grow.
4. Finally, in few people just like a normal infection, candidal balanitis can also occur.
Let me know if you have any other doubt. Doubts.
Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 8 hours later
Sir,
Can you just let me know how much time it takes to get cure.
i recently used ciplox500 against cold and cough. is this may be a cause...? please let me know so that i may avoid it in future.

thanking you
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 26 minutes later
Hello dear,
ya definitly ciplox can be a cause.
You should have mentioned it earlier.
In this case what you are suffering from is a fixed drug eruption which is now infected with candida.
That means, due to ciplox you got an allergic reaction and then the damaged skin was invaded by candida.
Hope you understood how you got this infection.
Dont worry with candid b you will be fine within a week.
Avoid ciplox and all other drugs of that group like oflox, pflox etc.
Thank you