Have swollen eye, perscribed Systane eye drop and Erythromycin Ophthalmic Ointment, eyes swelled more
It s for sure sure there is an active inflammation of the eyes, acute conjonctivitis. I think combining an anti biotic with a nonsteroidal doctor was justified.
However, non response or aggravation of symptoms might signify two things. First, the antibiotic and anti inflammatory drugs are inappropriate to the infectious agent or in low than required doses. The most appropriate thing to do in this case is first changing to a Flouroquinolone anti biotic an topical level, use of systemic (injections) of antiobiotics and anti inflammatory drugs, to give the greatest anti biotic cover, as I suggest you book an appointment with an opthalmologist if symptoms persist. For now, the acute inflammation and possible infection need to be stopped by aggressive untravenous antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs, based on the fact that a local therapy has already been tried with no success.
I do strongly suggest you consult your good health.
Bain LE, MD.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Erythromycin ophthalmic ointment dosage
- Erythromycin ophthalmic ointment expiration
- Erythromycin ophthalmic ointment neonates
- Erythromycin ophthalmic ointment strengths
- Generic erythromycin ophthalmic ointment
- Erythromycin ophthalmic ointment
- Systane eye drops for redness
- Generic systane eye drops
- Ilotycin erythromycin ophthalmic ointment
- Systane eye drops dose
- 74 years old. Not getting proper sleep. What should I do?
- Scratching eye during sleep. How to get relief?
- Developed grooves in skull. Is this normal? What treatment should be done?
- Treatment for cough, breathing difficulty and chest tightness?
- Does antiviral ayurvedic medicine extend the window perioid of hiv?
- Is diltiazem and carzarc the same medicine for HBP?
- Noticed sore and swollen lymph nodes on neck. Should I be concerned?
- Took overdose of panadeines. Experiencing cough and fluttering in heart....
- Child has dark bruise on lower back. How to remove this?
- Is paranoia curable?