Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

164 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have swollen clitoris and getting tingling sensation. How to cure this?

Answered by
Dr. Michelle Gibson James

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2001

Answered : 15456 Questions

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: Hello, I recently was receiving oral stimulation of my clitoris from my male partner, and he was very rough. Since then, my clitoris has been very swollen, and uncomfortable. It has almost a tingling sensation and it hurts somewhat. I know this is not a STD because I have been tested, and my partner and I did not engage in intercourse. How can I go about curing this or reducing the swelling/discomfort?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

There was probadly minor trauma to the clitoris.The best medication to relieve this would be an anti inflammatory agent provided you do not have any contraindication to their use (such as peptic ulcer disease, gastroesophageal reflux or any problems with bleeding).
Examples of anti inflammatory agents would be ibuprofen (may be known as advil), cataflam ,voltaren or aspirin.
This may be combined with sitz baths which may also provide some relief.This involves
sitting in a salt bath, some persons use items such as epsom salts or witch XXXXXXX This can be done twice daily for 10 to 15 minutes.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  

Recent questions on Advil

doctor1 MD

what can I give my 5 yr. Old daughter for a sore tummy? this is the 4th day of having a fever she is hardly eating, drinking a little, for 4 days every 4 - 5hrs she had generic tylenol until today I gave her advil which worked great we had 5 hrs of play time then her fever came back she took a nap after taking a dose of advil with milk in couple hrs she woke & I gave her her antibiotic 1st day 1st dose then I gave her her cough medicine with sum milk & couple bites of white rice then about an hr half later she complained of having a sore tummy & went to the bathroom while she was on the toilet she complained her tummy hurt & then threw up she said she felt a lil better & now has fallen asleep oh she was diagnosed with an ear infection has a lil red throat & was getting over the flu is this normal?

doctor1 MD

I had been bitten by a spider over a week ago. I m guessing it was a brown recluse spider since I was in West Virginia. The spider bite me multiple time in both ankles. I took benadryl and advil for a few days until the itching and swelling went down. Here it is 10 day later the bites have scabbed over, but now I am breaking out in little swollen red hives all over. Could this be cause by that same spider bite? I have been taking Benadryl all day and it doesn t seem to help.

doctor1 MD

my 8 month old has been experiencing high fevers. We are getting them down with tylenol and advil alternatively. He has not been sleeping, only about 20 minutes and then cries. His fever now is 103, nose running and we cannot lay him down without screams. Should we take him in to hospital?

doctor1 MD

My Daughter was misdiagnosed with herpes in Jan. where we later found that it was a bacterial infection. March she was dx. with type 1 DM. She has had 2 subsequent infections since tx: difulcan and flaagl. Today she baffled her OB with skin irritation that presents with white overlay of reddened dermial layer and raised papilli. this extends around the labia and diffusely encompassing the anus. 10/10 pain not relieved with 800mg of advil they aasked her to start taking Valtrex of which they have previously treated her with in conjunction with flaggl and diflucan. please advise

doctor1 MD

I got up to go to the grocery store.... and I felt pain ace in my pelvic area. I figured i could walk it off but it does not seem to want to go away. I wanted to find out if I should take a couple of Advil?

doctor1 MD

I have had a pain under my right shoulder blade for about 8 hours. I've taken aspirin and put heat on it no relief

doctor1 MD

severe seating for more than 3 days, actually happened last weekend then went away. When the sweating begins, he gets incredibly hot and face turns red, when the sweating subsides he feels cold and has chills . BUT he doesn't feel like he has the...