Have swollen bottom lip. Noticed pimple below lip which oozes clear liquid. What to do?

Dr. Shanthi.E

Posted on Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Yesterday evening I felt a little pain on the inside of my bottom lip. This morning my bottom lip was really swollen. Below my lip is what I think is a pimple but only clear liquid comes out. What do I do?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: please upload the picture Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your query. It seems like an inflammatory lesion on the bottom lip. Could you please upload an image of the same with good clarity? I would like to have a look at it before suggesting you. Awaiting your response.
Follow up: Dr. Shanthi.E 7 minutes later
The first picture is my swollen lip. The second is the area under my lip that what I think is a pimple.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: take anti-histamines immediately Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the pictures. It seems like an acute inflammatory reaction and swelling, caused by an insect bite or a drug reaction or an eczematous reaction to something that went unnoticed. The lower lip swelling is obvious. The pimple that is seen below the lip is nothing serious. It is a local inflammatory reaction as well. In such a situation, it would be ideal for you to go to the ER, and be evaluated for any possible drug reactions. In addition, you can get an IV shot of anti-histamine for faster recovery from the lip swelling. Alternatively, you could take anti-histamines like Tablet. Zyrtec 10mg immediately, and then followed by the same drug, every 12 hours, for the swelling to subside. You can apply neosporin or any topical antibiotic cream for the pimple to subside. Hope this helps you. Get well soon.