Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have swollen area on penis inner side, looks like boil. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 877 Questions
I have a swollen area on my penis inner side (head) - it looks like a boil? what is it and what I can do to treat it?
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Skin consultation with therapy

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health care magic forum.
Boil like swelling on the genitals usually could be due to bacterial infection.
Are there any other symptoms associated with the swelling/boil?
It would be great if you could elaborate more on other symptoms, if any.
Keep the area clean and dry.
I suggest application of an antibacterial ointment on the boil 3-4 times/ day.
I suggest you get in touch with a skin doctor who can examine the lesion and treat you with appropriate antibiotics.
I have seen similar cases in my practice who have responded to Doxycycline 100mg twice a day for 2 weeks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor