Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have swelling on the base of skull. Should I be worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 706 Questions
I have a lump or swelling on the base of my skull i can feel it only when bending foward. Should i be worried i also have a tiny bump on the rt side of the back of my neck hard. Had for 2 years. Now the whole middle portion from the bottom of my skull to the nape is swollen. Feels like a cyst.
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 7 minutes later
Thanks for your query.

If you don't have any other complaints except those described above, you do not have to worry. The causes of such swelling are many like cyst, lipoma, neurofiboma etc. A detailed physical examination along with neurological assessment will help us guide you better.

Please get evaluated by a local neurologist.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have swelling on the base of skull. Should I be worried? 35 minutes later
well my symptomf are just terrible headaches stiff jaw. And and a terrible neck pain that wakes me up in the middle of the nite. like rt now i have a weird headache feel sleepy sore back shoulder pain. I i waz massaging it wen i noticed it. I took motrin tylenol n no luck
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 14 minutes later
In my opinion, a local neurologist should evaluate you. Hence, please fix an appointment at the doctor’s office. We must find out the exact diagnosis, so that we can help you better.

Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor