Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Have swelling on pubic bone. No pain. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1201 Questions
Hi, I have a slight swelling on right side of my pubic bone I am concerned about.. It is about 2 in long and soft to the touch. It is not painful. I am 61 yo male. Thanks for taking m y question.
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 2 hours later
Dear patient,

Thanks for your health concerns. A growth in that location could have a multitude of causes, but the main thing to rule out is an enlarged lymph node, which is small pieces of body tissue that help protect against infection, but can be enlarged in infectious, inflammatory, traumatic or neoplastic processes. These can be painful or painless, soft consistency sometimes rubbery. A provider needs to examine it, if it looks like an enlarged lymph node, then a cause of the enlargement needs to be sought, and there are situations in which even a fine needle biopsy might be indicated if there are concerns.

Hope this is useful wish you the best health blessings.

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor