Have sunburn rashes on sternum, upper abdomen, axilla and groin. What cure is required?
Thanks for posting your query.
From your description the most possible causes in my opinion are-
1. Erythema multiforme.
2. Dermatitis- due to skin infection, allergy,etc.
3. Heat rash.
A direct examination by a dermatologist is the best way to get it diagnosed.
Most simple rashes improve with gentle skin care and avoiding irritating substances. You can help the improvement by
* Avoid scrubbing your skin.
* Use as little soap as possible. Use gentle cleansers instead.
* Avoid applying cosmetic lotions or ointments directly on the rash.
* Use warm (not hot) water for cleaning. XXXXXXX dry, don't rub.
* Eliminate any newly added cosmetics or lotions.
* Leave the affected area exposed to the air as much as possible.
* Try calamine medicated lotion.
* Hydrocortisone cream (1%) is available without a prescription and may soothe many rashes.
The rashes usually take 5-7 days to disappear. The intermittent goosebump pattern on the skin is not likely to be related to this rash.
If the rashes become more of purple rather than red then you must consult a dermatologist immediately.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Refractory groin rash cure
- Treatment and cure for constant sunburn
- What treatment should be done to cure sunburn
- What is the cure for severe groin pain
- Treatment and cure for groin rash
- Treatment and cure for sunburn-like rash
- Treatment and cure for sunburn
- Treatment and cure for avoid sunburns
- Rash axilla groin
- Chest cracking sternum cure