Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Have suicidal thoughts. Looking for treatment

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14870 Questions
I am looking for a phychiatrist to book in the Swindon area for my daughter and the cost of this. she recently attempted to commit suicide and has some very XXXXXXX issues she will not face up to. There appears to be no help or support for her and has been quite literally brushed aside. she does not need a councellor (which was sort of offered ). she needs some one who will help her face up to her issues and move on. I am trying to see also what this will cost so see how i can help her. Or if there is any way i can get her this on the NHS. Whatever the answer is. Many thanks
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 43 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

I am sorry about the daughter, as you correctly stated you should have been referred to a psychiatrist especially with a history of two previous suicide attempts.

Treatment is available through the NHS, it would require a referral from her GP, if you have any difficulty with your GP, then , if possible, you may want to consider going to another practice.

There are at least 4 private psychiatrist available in Swindon. While I was unable to find their fees ,I did find information on the general fees charged for psychiatry in the UK. The fees range from 175 pounds to over 300, depending on the length of the consultation.
The names of the private doctors in Swindon were Dr XXXXXXX Bullock, Dr XXXXXXX Hibbert, Dr XXXXXXX Johnstone , Dr XXXXXXX Turbull.

I hope this helps and you daughter receives the treatment that she needs.
Feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor