Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Have subscapularis tear in right shoulder plus rotator cuff tears. Having pain. Suggested exercise. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
I have a subscapularis tear in many right shoulder plus rotator cuff tears. Many doctor sent me to this orthopaedic doctor. She said that because I have a know range of motion, she couldn't operate. I asked her that if I got my shoulder better with very painful exercises would she then repair the tears and blown subscapularis She said then that I probably wouldn't be it. This does not make sense. I need the pain repaired now. Tell me if what she says is true or recommend me a new doctor.
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later

I have studied your case.

According to your history, it seems that you are having shoulder pericapsulitis [frozen shoulder]. Adhesion occurs between your shoulder joint capsule and gradually shoulder movement decreases .That may be reason that your shoulder movement are restricted.
You may be having both frozen shoulder with Yes she is right that if you don’t have passive shoulder movement ,rotator cuff repair cant be done.
Now as you said you will do exercise and achieve movement then rotator cuff repair can be done.

Even if you don’t get range of motion then also we can operate in form of shoulder hemiarthroplasty[partial joint replacement] and can achieve active shoulder movement.

Our patients of frozen shoulder usually get relief by analgesic and shoulder exercises and physiotherapy [ultrasound and short wave diathermy]
Some patients require arthroscopic adhesiolysis, a key hole procedure to free the adhesions in the joint, the last resort.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor