Have stress issue, dandruff and hair loss. Using keratin treatment. How to prevent hair loss?

Dr. Kruti

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: good evening, im 24 years old male
ive been doing keratin treatment for the past 3 years (3 treatments per year)... ive recently has stress issues and dandruff which caused XXXXXXX hair loss but i treated it well by applying a dropper of MGP and a specialized dandruff shampoo which removed the problem in less than two weeks,,,
i would like to continue in my keratin treatment and do certain things to prevent hair loss in future .. what are the ways i can do to stop any hair loss of me while doing the keratin in phases ( i dont have any family baldness)... i was thinking of doing minoxidil while having my kerating treatment ... please advise me
Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later
Hello

I will be glad to be of assistance.

Any chemical treatment however safer can result in textural changes in the hair, can cause a lot of hair fall and dandruff.

Even if you do any preventive treatment the changes may take place.

you could apply minoxidil while having the treatment, but it may not really stop the changes.

You could do the keratin treatment and apply minoxidil only later on if required in case of any baldness.

Please use a conditioner after every hair wash.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Please let me know if I can address any additional concerns for you.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Kruti 29 minutes later
U mean by conditioner is a conditionar folllowing the shampoo ?? .. and can u tell me if coconut oil and vitamin b is good for reducing hair loss and of there are more options ??
Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later
Hello

Thanks for your reply.

I mean the conditioner following shampoo.

Coconut oil is good for conditioning the hair.

Vitamin b i.e biotin is good for hair growth.

You can take biotin supplements daily.

You can also take iron, calcium and amino acids supplements. Thus will also be helpful in hair growth.