Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

196 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have strabismus in eye. Is this curable?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 711 Questions
Hello Doctor..
This is XXXXXXX from Chennai.I'm 32 years old guy.
I have strabismus in my left eye from the
childwood.. is this curable one?
Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

Strabismus is correctable. The following are my answers to you.

1. If is is associated with visual problem it should be corrected as soon as possible.
2. If it is a cosmetic one and does not cause any visual problem it is correctable as well.

You need to attend a multidisciplinary eye hospital and contact a strabismus expert. It will require a surgery of your eye muscles to correct the problem.

Hope this answers your query. If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.

Have a nice day...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist