Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Have stone in upper ureter. Discomfort while passing urine and pain in penis. Proper treatment?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9634 Questions
Hello Doctor,
I had severe pain in my lower abdomen (LHS) couple of months back and I had to rush to the hospital and they found out a 4mm stone in my upper Ureter by ulttasound.
And I started drinking around 3 litres of water from then and was feeling fine so far.
But from last couple of weeks I am feeling discomfort while passing Urine (slight pain at the tip). From the last 2-3 days it has got increased and having frequent urge to urinate but it doesn't pass with full flow and sometimes it comes in few drops only with pain at the end.
Is this urinary problem because of this stone? Will it be possible for you to provide some medication or suggest some tests.

Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 41 hours later
Thanks for writing to us.
Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have stone in upper Ureter detected on Ultrasound scanning.

Now you are getting pain at the tip of your penis and urge to pass urine frequently.
This indicates that the stone has passed down and got impacted at Uretero Vesical ( the junction of the bladder and the ureter) Junction.This can be confirmed only on Ultrasound Scanning (USG) .Please get your USG done at earliest.
Please consult a qualified Urologist with report .You may need to undergo an endoscopic procedure called as Uretero renoscopy with fragmentation of stone to decompress your renal unit. Else, you can be treated conservatively (with medication). The decision about mode of the treatment will be taken by a Urologist only.
Hope I have answered your query.Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions. I shall be happy to help you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor