Have stomach problem with passing stool. Feeling uncomfortable. Having bronchitis bout. On lithium. Want to use viagra. Safe?

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Helo doctor
I have stomach problem with passing stool, big urge can not stop, not formed , some pain, only twice or three times but not a comfortable feeling. i just finished antibiotic course for having a bronchitis bout and am alright.i was goiven broncho dilator and 6 mg defcort twice day. this is over now.
This has resulted after some food eaten outside .I am on lithium and plan to use viagra 50 mg. what safe medicines i must use to get over this problem.
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be collitis.....

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing in

The information you have provided is suggestive of infection of the GI track following contaminated food

I would suggest you go for a good probiotic twice a day for five to seven days

If you have low grade fever and the stool is foul smelling , go for a stool report and start antibiotic according to the culture report

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern......