Have stomach ache. Feeling bloated, nausea, tired, getting worse after eating food. What's going on?
It's been there for nearly a week now, also when i eat i have been getting a bit of a belly ache.
I had some nausea but that has seemed to have passed at the moment.
I don't seem to be going to the toilet as regular as normal.
Just Once a day.
I also have the feeling that I want to force a burp up like that would help.
I don't have any acid reflux or burning.
or sharp pain
When I eat or drink it makes it feels worse as I feel full
I don't know if getting something like wind eze tablets would work.
At a loss of what i should do as it's making me tired.
Look forward to your reply.
Best Wishes, XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
The symptoms which you have described point towards a motility problem. That is there slowing of your intestinal motility. This phenomenon is commonly seen in diabetic patients in whom the intestinal motility slows down due to the damage caused to the nerves supplying the intestine by the disease process itself. Another cause for the bloated feel could be due to fatty liver which is a frequent accompaniment of diabetes. In fatty liver there is a feeling of early satiety accomapanied by a sensation of bloating.
In view of the aforementioned possibilities I would suggest you to undergo the following tests.
1. Blood sugar levels (fasting as well as post prandial)
2. Urine sugar ( fasting as well as post prandial)
3. Lipid profile
4. Ultrasound of the abdomen to study the upper abdomen especially the liver and gall bladder.
Once results are available specific treatment can be advised.
In the mean time for symptomatic relief I would advise plenty of sugar free fiber and plenty of water to aid bowel movements.
I hope this answers your querry.
Please write back if you have any further doubts or querries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stomach ache bloated feeling lethargy
- Feel drained and tired stomach ache
- Stomach ache and nausea after drinking
- Feeling tired vomiting and stomach ache
- Stomach ache and nausea after foreplay
- Stomach ache after going to the bathroom
- Horrible stomach ache and feeling of nausea
- Stomach ache feels better after eating distension
- What causes stomach ache after eating food
- Nausea stomach ache tired
- Stomach pain, gas, watery stools. on pep, bismol, prevacid medication....
- Eating causes lightheadedness, back pain and stomach flutters. Normal BP...
- Upper abdominal pain accompanied with burning and swelling of gall...
- Calcified granuloma in right lobe of liver. CT-KUB done, shows mild low...
- Gallbladder removed, irregular bowl movement, nausea, feels dizzy,...
- Hard stools during bowel movements. Colonoscopy done, normal results....
- Internal pain in lower left abdominal area, pain above hip, in the front...
- Blood after a bowel movement. No pain. Constipated, had saline solution....
- Pain on swallowing, short episodes, burning sensation in throat, nausea....
- HBV Quantitative Real time-PCR testing done. Hepatitis B e antigen...