Have stage 2 breast cancer. Started stomach pain and throat pain with mild fever. What's wrong?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 12 Jan 2013 in Breast Cancer
Question: stomach & bowel pain with 95,2 temp. Diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer and finished chemo and radiation last september. should i be feeling like this? I usually feel pretty good. I also had an episode of terrible pain in throat and slight pain in chest. went to er next day and my heart wast fine. daughter made me go. just feel like i am dieing at times.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Where is your pain localized and does it radiate somewhere? Any nausea or vomiting? Any diarrhea or constipations?
If your pain is localized in the upper middle abdomen (stomach pain) your symptoms ca be caused by peptic ulcer or stomach mucosa inflammation (can be caused by chemotherapy). As you are after metastases are possible. That is why you should have some diagnostics.
Upper GI endoscopy should be done as well as chest and abdominal CT.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
stomach and intestines. diarrhea and felt as though i was going to vomit. it has improved today so?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 12 hours later
Hello!

Well, diarrhea indicates more intestines problem than stomach. It can be simple food poisoning of stomach flu. If it has improved you may wait and see if this is only an episode or if it comes back. If it will come back, mentioned tests should be done.

Regards.