Have sores in mouth, tingling lips. Face and eyes are dry. Had medicine. What is the cause?

Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi i havé à problèm That not ONE of 8 doctor CAN figue out. I havé sores in my mouth that has lasted 11 weeks. The pain on a scale 1 to 10 is à t'en. Lips are numb and tingling. Havé tried magic mouth and two more mouthwashes. I ha ve tried 2 different pills, ONE new vitiamen ONE paste,ONE gel m'y eyes are dry so is my face. Percocet last about two hours if i am lucky . I had à cortisone shot, steriods,antibiontics, do any of u have an idea whats wrong With me. I do have fibromyasia. Please help me the pain is unbarable. Ps i had à biospsy no cancer and à blood checked. All was good. Please help. Cannot sleep.pain on the tougue more Like bumps on the sides.
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Consider Behcets syndrome Detailed Answer: Dear patient, Thanks for the query. One of the diagnoses that has to be contemplated is that of Behcets syndrome, a condition characterized for aphtous ulcers in the mouth, lips, gingiva, etc that take unusual time to heal, associated with other manifestations, including dry eyes, dry mouth, skin rashes, ulcers in genital region, pains in joints and bones. It is a clinical diagnosis, and if these symptoms ring a bell, a Rheumatologist would be the best to see you. Hope that helps, wish you the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN Cardiology
Follow up: Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 13 hours later
Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you I truely believe you have you have saved my life. Now I will have a happy holiday( Well the best I can) because of you. I see my rumemtolist in the morning.
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: God Speed Detailed Answer: Blessings to you, have a happy Thanksgiving! Yours truly, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN