Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Have soreness on head. Feel like bump on head. Not sure of swelling. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
I have had soreness on the right and left side of my head at the base for apprx 3 days.
The soreness feels like I have bumped my head but I have not. I'm not sure if there is any swelling
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details needed

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
However I would require a couple of more details to help you in answering your query in a better justified way.

1) When you say base, is it on the side base or back base.
2) Is there any nodular feel?
3) Are you having any cough or cold (fever) at present?
4) Any other medical issues?

Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.
Regards and wish you good health,

Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have soreness on head. Feel like bump on head. Not sure of swelling. Suggest? 5 hours later
The soreness is on the right and left side at the base, there does feel as if there
are hard lumps there but I am not sure if that is just my head as I dont ever feel it.

I have no cough or other medical issues
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be lymph nodes...

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

It appears that you have some lymph node swellings which have become tender. There are lymph nodes over the base of the head which become inflamed occasionally when ever there is any infection.
Its a transient phenomenon and will resolve with time in 5-6 days. All you can do is take some paracetamol in case if there is pain. Otherwise it will heal by self.

If it does not resolve over time, then you will need to see a doctor. He will be able to physically examine you and advise some tests.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor