Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Have sore throat with red streaks, pain in ears and hoarse voice. Any treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
I have a sore throat with red streaks, pain in the ears and a hoarse voice. I don't have tonsils anymore and don't normally get sore throats. I was exposed to strep about 10 days ago.
Posted Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

It can be sore throat or even strep infection.When your immunity is low you can get sore throat even if you regularly don't get it.

There are two ways to treat this.Either treat it empirically or check for strep first and then start treatment.

Moat cases don't need evaluation for such symptoms.I think few things which you can try are warm salt water gargles,hot soups,steam inhalation, avoid extreme climates, avoid cold food items, antihistaminics(if there is nasal congestion) and a course of antibiotics (if there is fever).

If this fails to help then you will have to get evaluated for strep.

Hope this answers your question.Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor