Have sore throat, swollen lymphnode and popping ears. Looking for second opinion

Posted on Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi, I have had a sore throat on and off for a month. I also have some swollen lymph nodes (for two weeks) and now my ears are popping a little. I went to the doctors and said I had sore throat and swollen lymph nodes and they felt them and said they are fine and nothing to worry about. Should I get a second opinion?
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 14 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
There are normal lymphnodes in jugulodigastric area means below jaw. So whenever there is mild infections of throat , it is normal that you will feel these lymphnodes. No need to get second opinion on that.
You should continue antibiotics prescribed by your physician. Also start gargle with warm water. It will give symptomatic relief. If no change in symptoms in 3 days then we can think for another antibiotic or physician.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any further concern please let me know.

Regards.

Dr. Ganesh Sanap

Radiologist