Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Have sore breast, extended stomach and passing foul gas. Colonoscapy done. Required treatment?

Jan 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1658 Questions
I'm very worried about my nice. Her stomach is very extended, having very bad pain from under her boobs to her bottom and passing very smelly foul gas. I was with her all weekend for her wedding and her stomach was very flat. She has been having this problem for a while. She had an colonoscapy and she had a very small polyp and was told dthis was not causing the problem. I don't know what to do for her. Please help!!
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 3 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with mentioned.
Do you have fever/ watery diarrhea/ constipation/ spasmodic abdominal pain/ nausea or vomiting/ weight loss/ mucus discharge in stools/ excessive flatulence?
Do you have any mass palpable in abdomen?

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of peptic ulcer disease with decreased gastrointestinal motility.
Peptic ulcer disease comprises of follicular gastritis, nodular gastritis, gastric & duodenal ulcer disease, erosive antritis and adeonocarcinoma.

Peptic ulcer disease could be due to Helicobacter pylori bacteria, bile reflux induced, and intake of spicy food.

As such there appears to be least chance of colonic polyp induced all symptoms.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for complete blood count, urine routine microscopy, thyroid profile, serum amylase and lipase, endoscopy for better clarification.

You should take low fat, less spicy soft diet.
Avoid tomatoes, citrus fruits, tea, coffee, chocolates, and onion, garlic.

Meanwhile, she should take antispasmodics along with proton pump inhibitors with prokinetics.
Treatment depends on exact diagnosis.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor