Have sore and red skin between bum cheeks. How to get rid of this?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Question: i have a sore skin tag inbetween my bum cheeks,looks like a osore on the side of my skin tag and its red.and whats the best way to get them of they get in the way when i wipe thanks
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The sore skin tag between the bum cheeks is likely to be due to a fungal infection in the area. Along with the fungal infection there can sometimes be some inflammation which causes redness, itching and peeling of the skin.

The generally best way to treat this is with a topical cream which has both a mild steroid element and an antifungal cream. The active ingredients of this cream includes hydrocortisone and the antifungal clotrimazole. Your doctor will be able to provide you with a prescription for this. The brand name of the cream is Lotrisone.

I would expect the areas of irritation to slowly respond and improve over two to three weeks.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.