Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Have sore and red scrotum. What treatment should be done?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9625 Questions
My scrotum is red and slightly sore and a couple of surface veins are bigger especially on right hand side . Have tried anti fungals but didn't work
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 11 minutes later

Thanks for your query. Based on the facts and photograph that you have posted, it appears that you have either Orchitis or Hydrocele.

It will be better if you provide me few more details to make any comment on your problem.

1) Do you have Fever with chills ?
2) Do you have pain in your testis?
3) Do you have any Urinary symptoms ?
4) Have you done Ultrasound scanning of the scrotum ?

Please consult a qualified Urologist for clinical examination and to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have sore and red scrotum. What treatment should be done? 47 minutes later

No I don't have pain in the testes or chills. Just the scrotal skin has a slight burning sensation. My testicles feel normal to me. Doesn't hurt when I squeeze them. My testicles are quite large normally. Have had prostatitis in the past and I get recurrences sometimes (over many years) and the other week did have some discomfort in the prostate but it went away. Feel otherwise well.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

It looks likely that you have minimal hydrocele due to secondary infection. Please get it confirmed by clinical examination by a qualified Urologist, who will decide the further treatment.

Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor