Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Have something floating around house and causing cut and abrasion with sweating making it worse. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1560 Questions
I know this sounds weird but something floating around my house is getting me sick. l start when I sweat they get into my skin and cause I actually cut and abrasions and I don't know if its bad laundry detergent or on something is airborn. It always starts when I start cleaning, then sweating makes it worse. I also have sharp tiny things in my towels And my clothes that causes welts. My nuckles are swollen and it's in my hair If I don't it leaves tiny see through particles which are on my counters tables bed. I clean and get worse! Sweating at a lot and right now I am sitting where I have giant welts gets worse if I sweat. They keep coming back. It is ruining my skin ces leaving holes and attaches to my seams which and get a bruise or indent where I put my weight. It comes from when I clean. Please help me
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems something like dust mites

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

I have gone through your query and the images attached. In your images, I could see some allergy-type swellings and some abrasions. It seems to be coming from insect bites. The most probable cause is dust-mite, then there can be many different types of insects.

I think that if we treat your symptoms as coming from dust mite plus scabies, it will be most effective for you. Mostly the management will include:

- cleaning all the clothes and linen with disinfectant. First soak all the clothes at the same time in disinfectant like clorox bleach solution in water and then washing them in hot water.

- Vacuum all the mattresses, sofas, etc.

- Dust mites are a relative of spiders, just smaller in size and they feed on human skin. They excrete feces and humans develop allergy to this feces (the white particles). This may actually be causing welts in you. They thrive in humid conditions and die out when humidity is less than 60%. Thus a dehumidifier may work. Wear a mask and rubber gloves while cleaning. Vacuum everything that you can and throw all the dust collected in the bag outside and close doors and windows. Carpets are reservoirs, thus change your carpets to hardwood, etc if feasible. Cover the mattress, pillows etc with thick cloth or plastic covers. Please avoid cleaning the house yourself to avoid allergy.

- Anti-allergics will work for the welts (swellings). Take then whenever you have symptoms.

- Try to figure where the mites are coming from. There are many different types of mites and can come from rats, pets, plants, etc.

- At the same time apply permethrin 1% to all the body except face to take care of mites on the skin. Keep it on overnight and wash it off carefully in the morning. If the suspicion also includes scabies then permethrin 5% should be applied. A direct examination by a physician will be helpful at ruling scabies out.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Dr Vaishalee

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor