Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Have some shoulder pain and chest pain. Cause and treatment?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
Hi have some shoulder pain and chest pain not bad just niggling
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 50 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.

Before I answer your query, I need some more information on your symptoms to arrive at a possible diagnosis. Please answer the below questions -

* Please clearly elaborate your symptoms
* what is the duration of your symptoms?(from how much time you feel these pain)
* Is pain diffuse in nature and is felt over the entire chest wall or can be localized to a finger tip?
* Is it made worse by exertion or emotion or relieved by rest ?
* Are your symptoms present throughout the day or related to only any particular movements
* Are you taking any medications right now for any other health issues?
* Any history of trauma or injury.

Awaiting your reply....

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have some shoulder pain and chest pain. Cause and treatment? 2 hours later
It's better in morning after rest feels like heart burn but bad heart burn.. Coming out through my back down the shoulder no medicines or traumas being very stressed this week
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Hi ,
Thanks for writing back

Pain you have seems to be due to stress and muscle spasm.
Do some stretching exercises to relive the spasm.Hot compresses will be useful pain relieving measure. You may apply a local analgesic gel on that area.
Do not take too much stress. Do some relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation, etc.
Take some antacid tablets for heartburn after discussing with your doctor. Drink plenty of fluids.

I hope this will helps you.
If you have any other query let me know. If there is no further query, please close the discussion and give your review about this service.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor