Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Have soft lump in the elbow crease. Diagnosed with fatty cyst. Should I be worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
Hello I am 24 about 200 lb and I am approx 5 ft 7 in I am generally healthy and had a child two years ago. I have a lump on my left arm in the elbow crease on the top left that is soft and round a little bigger then the a quarter and came up in the past year or two. If I used that arm often during the day it becomes hard to straighten and feels really tight it also feels tight when I type otherwise it does not bother me too much. I was told it was probably just a fatty cyst by my GYN however I have now noticed another pea sized firmer lump at the same height but on the right side of my left arm, should i be worried? Could one have anything to do with the other?
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Thanks for the query.
These lumps of pea size could be neurofibromas or cysts.
Although they appear to be harmless but if you feel that they are increasing in number or size,then you must consult your doctor and go for surgical removal of one of them and get it biopsied.
Biopsy will reveal the ultimate diagnosis and will pave the way for future line of action.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have soft lump in the elbow crease. Diagnosed with fatty cyst. Should I be worried? 4 hours later
What about the tightness I feel sometimes that makes it hard for me to straigten my arm? Should I be worried about that?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
The tightness doesn't seem to be related to the presence of lump and could be due to exhaustion caused by overwork.I don't think it should be worried about.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor