Have soft liquid filled bubble on head. What could it be?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Lymphoma
Question: I have a soft bubble on my head under
at the level Of my right ear. It is like I had
a bubble Of lĂ­quid or soft nerve swollen.
I noticed it about a year ago and is still
There.
What could it be? Do something or forget
About it?
Sincerely yours XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms do not point to any serious problem.

The most likely causes in your case could be either a lipoma (benign tumour of adipose or fatty tissue), OR a sebaceous cyst (a fluid collection underneath the skin).

Both these conditions are harmless and are benign (not cancer).

If they are not causing any symptoms such as pain, they can be left as it is. However, keep a watch on the size.

If the size increases or if it becomes painful, please show to a doctor.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM