Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have small white bumps on penis head. Is this the sign of mild fungal infection?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9627 Questions
hello, i have a small white pimple like blemish under the head of my penis where my foreskin attaches (uncircumcised). i believe it might be a mild fungal infection only because my girlfriend suffers from frequent mild fungal/yeast infections. are there any tips? over the counter creams or oral solutions you can provide for me?
Posted Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Thanks for writing to us
Given your history, it appears that you have a small granuloma due to chronic infection over coronal sulcus probably acquired through sexual contact with your girl friend who is known to have fungal infection. This can be confirmed only on clinical examination or viewing the photograph of a lesion.If possible, post a photograph so that I can make a definite comment on it.
Please take some anti fungal medication like a single dose of Fluconazole orally along with topical Gel like Micanozole for application at the site of lesion. Once we confirm the diagnosis, if it does turn out to be a fungal infection, you'll need to see a physician for a prescription of Fluconazole.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions.I shall be pleased to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor