Have small white bumps on penis head. Is this the sign of mild fungal infection?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: hello, i have a small white pimple like blemish under the head of my penis where my foreskin attaches (uncircumcised). i believe it might be a mild fungal infection only because my girlfriend suffers from frequent mild fungal/yeast infections. are there any tips? over the counter creams or oral solutions you can provide for me?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Hello
Thanks for writing to us
Given your history, it appears that you have a small granuloma due to chronic infection over coronal sulcus probably acquired through sexual contact with your girl friend who is known to have fungal infection. This can be confirmed only on clinical examination or viewing the photograph of a lesion.If possible, post a photograph so that I can make a definite comment on it.
Please take some anti fungal medication like a single dose of Fluconazole orally along with topical Gel like Micanozole for application at the site of lesion. Once we confirm the diagnosis, if it does turn out to be a fungal infection, you'll need to see a physician for a prescription of Fluconazole.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions.I shall be pleased to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli